Magazines provide a lot of in-depth information on celebrity weddings, and as a wedding planner, when you read these descriptions, think about how you can tweak your expensive wedding planning ideas and make them affordable and usable for some of the weddings you plan.
Here are 8 celebrity wedding ideas you can use:
1) From the wedding of Fergie, singer of the Black Eyed Peas, with actor Josh Duhamel
When using a black and white color scheme, carry it out in the invitations and attire of the wedding party. Accent a white wedding dress with black and white brooches. Dress the bridesmaids in black and have them carry bouquets of gardenias and white roses.
2) From the wedding of singer Natasha Bedingfield to Matt Robinson
For an outdoor wedding, sprinkle rose petals on the ground instead of using an aisle runner. And, if the bride doesn’t want a traditional wedding cake, she simply has a dessert bar with a variety of cakes.
3) From American Idol judge Kara DioGuardi’s wedding to Mike McCuddy
Use cream, white, and natural beige as theme wedding colors at the reception. You don’t need a lot of color in your decor because guests usually add a lot of color by wearing bright clothes for weddings.
4) From the wedding of reality TV celebrity Khloe Kardashian to Lakers basketball player Lamar Odom
Set up a “candy station” of gummy bears, M&M’s, ring pops, candy necklaces and chocolate bars in clear glass jars and tumblers at the front desk. Give wedding gifts of organic cupcakes frosted and decorated in the colors of the groom’s favorite sports team.
5) From the wedding of chef, author and reality star Bethenny Frankel to Jason Hoppy
Highlight the wedding dress by using a white bouquet with ribbons that match the color scheme of the wedding, rather than a bouquet in the colors of the scheme. Colorful flowers can distract from the beauty of the wedding dress itself.
6) From the wedding of singer Carrie Underwood to Ottawa Senators hockey player Mike Fisher
Design a chic and feminine wall-to-wall pink ballroom. Have a cupcake tower for a wedding cake. If the bride or groom enjoys hockey, instead of using escort cards, give guests hockey pucks with table assignments printed on them.
7) From MTV VJ, LaLa Vazquez’s wedding to Denver Nuggets basketball star Carmelo Anthony
For a red-themed wedding, use save-the-date cards that resemble Valentine’s Day cards and send them on Valentine’s Day, if the timing is appropriate. Carry out the red theme with a red velvet wedding cake frosted with red buttercream and decorated with gold accents.
8) From Chelsea Clinton’s wedding to Marc Mezvinsky
For a chic, understated wedding, use a white aisle runner and a canopy made of branches, leaves, and flowers. If gift baskets are given to guests, fill them with locally purchased specialties to show them what the area has to offer.
Brides love to read about and get details on celebrity weddings, so keep up with the latest news and you can help them incorporate the ideas into their weddings.