Sure, a flat stomach looks best in a bikini, but that’s not the only reason you should focus on chiselling the core area. Keeping your medium small will also improve your health by reducing your risk of cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
5 tips not to exercise:
Of course, exercise is important because it helps tone your abdominal muscles, but there is a growing body of research that says exercise alone is not enough. In fact, approximately 80% of your ability to reduce your waist circumference lies in your dietary choices. Here are five good ones do not exercise recommendations that will help you achieve the shape of your beach body.
- Calm down with alcohol. Alcohol drinkers, especially beer drinkers, have a higher hip-to-waist ratio than wine-only drinkers or people who abstain.
- Add coconut oil. Brazilian researchers found that obese women who included unrefined virgin coconut oil in their diets lost more weight around the waist than their study counterparts who did not.
- Eat berries. The University of Michigan studied blueberries, in particular, and found that they not only reduce belly fat, but also lower cholesterol and improve blood sugar.
- Reduce stress. Excess stress increases cortisol, a hormone that contributes to the storage of abdominal fat.
- Get enough sleep. A good night’s sleep is a good way to promote overall weight loss, but belly fat is particularly affected by or lack of sleep. For best results, be sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
5 exercise tips:
Along with diet, exercise is an important component of losing belly fat and building abs at the beach. This does not reduce staining. Instead, abdominal exercises work in conjunction with other types of exercise to tone and strengthen your midsection muscles.
- AVE dog. Kneel on all fours and lift your left arm as you extend your right leg. Please wait for a few seconds. Repeat with your right arm and left leg.
- Boat pose. Sit on the floor and lean back slightly. Move your thighs until they are at a 45-degree angle with the floor. If you are a beginner, you can support the back of your thighs for easier exercise. If you are a little further along, keep your arms straight.
- Leg drop. Lie down on the floor and raise both legs towards the ceiling. With your hands at your sides, lower your legs until they are about 6 inches off the ground. Raise your legs to the starting position and repeat.
- Hip lift. Lie down on the floor and raise both legs towards the ceiling. Place your hands under your hips. Tighten your core and lift your hips off the floor.
- Torso twist. Sit cross-legged on the floor. Slowly rotate your torso to the right. Return to the center. Then turn left. Repeat.
There are many reasons to shrink your waist and go for that beach body look. For one thing, muffin tops and beer bellies are out.
But beyond aesthetics, there are many other reasons to work with belly fat. The higher the waist-to-hip ratio, the higher the risk for heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancer. So follow these 10 tips to lower your risk and get in shape from now on.