Here are 12 dietary tips to help you eat right, clean up successfully, and keep your meals tasting great.
1) Remember always check the ingredient list of anything grocery shopping … LOTS of foods including meats contain added sugars, yeast, and soy products that you wouldn’t expect! When cleaning Candida, keep in mind that fresh, organic ingredients will give you the most nutritional benefit.
2) Organic vanilla extract does not contain sugar. Regular vanilla extract does. Check the label before buying.
Vanilla extract is something most of us keep around the house and use constantly without even thinking about it. There should be no reason not to keep using it while on the candida diet as long as you buy the organic vanilla extract that is sugar free. Studies have shown that vanilla can help relieve anxiety and stress. It’s not a bad thing!
3) Garlic (real clove, not powder) helps fight yeast and is anti-inflammatory. To get the most out of your garlic, mince or crush several cloves and let them sit for 15 minutes before using. Doing this triggers an enzymatic reaction that increases the healthy compounds in garlic. Use at least 2 cloves per day.
Cut it into your salads or cook it with your vegetables, meats, and fish. It can also be good with eggs and tomatoes in the morning!
4) Cinnamon helps fight yeast and inflammation. It also inhibits bacterial growth and is a source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium. Just smelling cinnamon can help your concentration and memory, and it can also help stabilize your blood sugar. It is a delicious addition to your vegetables, chicken or roasts.
5) Nutmeg It can help relieve bloating and gas and is also an antibacterial, it kills bad bacteria in the mouth and throat, as well as helping to cleanse and detoxify the liver and kidneys, helping to eliminate candida yeast. It also contains many B-complex vitamins, such as vitamin C, folate, niacin, and vitamin A, as well as many antioxidants. Use it in your recipes along with cinnamon.
6) Fresh ginger it will increase your circulation and aid in detoxification. It is also a very powerful anti-inflammatory.
Soak 1-2 slices of fresh ginger in hot water to make a stomach-calming tea. Snack on your main meals and soups for maximum candida relief.
7) The sweetener xylitol birch (or birch sugar) it is okay to use as it is a proven antifungal and inhibits candida yeast. Whose use the corn-based version if possible. Whole leaf Stevia is fine too, but don’t use extracts due to the chemical separation factor. Both reduce bad bacteria and inhibit tooth decay.
8) Plain plain yogurt It will help the growth of healthy bacteria in your colon and is a rich source of calcium. Calcium discourages the overgrowth of cells lining the colon, and studies have shown that people who have diets high in calcium have lower rates of colorectal cancer. Bacterial cultures in yogurt have also been shown to produce white blood cells that fight infection.
9) Drink a lot Water It will help flush toxins and dead yeast cells from your body, and it will help keep detox symptoms to a minimum. Squeezing the lemon or lime juice in all the water you drink will help increase hydration and body redness. Put it in your tea too!
10) drink a lot Detox tea, Mint tea and ginger tea to help cleanse your body of dead yeast.
11) Breads of Peaceful bakery are all yeast and sugar-free, and are made with aged grains. They can usually be found in the freezer section of your local health food store.
12) Eat a variety of vegetables as possible, preferably organic and raw, to get as much nutrition and fiber as possible and to cleanse the yeast from your body. Make them into soups and stews, as well as salads and snack items. Vegetables are also great in smoothies. Just use water instead of juice to get your blender moving, and you’ll have breakfast or lunch to go!
Finding foods that you can eat and enjoy while cleansing your Candida isn’t always easy, but it’s worth it to get the best reward of feeling good and enjoying great health!